January is Get Organized Month (GO Month), the professional organizing industry’s national event dedicated to raising awareness of the benefits of getting organized and of hiring a professional organizer.
A professional organizer enhances the lives of clients by designing systems and processes using organizing principles and through transferring organizing skills. As getting organized is one of the top 5 New Year’s resolutions, January is the perfect time to get started.
5 VERY Good Reasons to Get Organized in 2016
- Save Time
- Save Money
- Find Your Keys
- Increase Productivity
- Lower Stress
- According to the National Soap and Detergent Association, getting rid of clutter would eliminate 40 percent of housework in the average home.
- The National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) reports we spend one year of our lives looking for lost items.
- Harris Interactive reports 23 percent of adults say they pay bills late (and incur fees) because they lose them.
- The National Association of Professional Organizers (NAPO) reports job stress is estimated to cost U.S. industry between $200 and $300 BILLION annually.
- Did you know…80 percent of what we file never gets looked at again! – (NAPO)
5 Simple Steps to Getting Organized
- Make a list.
- Assign deadlines for each task/project.
- Schedule time to work on task/project. (Tip: Use a timer)
- Find an accountability partner.
- JUST START (one task at a time)
Happy GO Month from Vision Organizing.